2000dreams

Friday, June 13, 2014

Journey onwards and updates

From Feb - early June 2014 I have the opportunity to have a residency based in Singapore.
During this time, although invited to do something live at the ICAS LaSalle ( Institute of Contemporary Arts Singapore, LaSalle College of Arts), and gratefully did an artist talk and workshop in IARC ( Independent Archive and Resource Center Singapore),  my main objective was to do some field research in the southeast Asia for my next series of art work about travel/land/crossing. 
These are from my traveling journal:
A collage in Jogyakarta on Java Island, Indonesia, as well as a writing piece, made together with photos I took on various locations (Melakka, Pulau Ubin, Singapore inner city) . 
It is part of my artistic processes, to gradually 丶slowly climbing up the mystery mountains inside, as if to swim the infinite ocean, with raw nakedness, flow eventually to my destination within,becoming one.
More updates soon


-ONE-
open the door it's light 

open the light it's right

never am i searching wondering wandering

endless nights on the streets

foreigner amongst my people

make home in my body

wandering               my soul   carelessly           aimlessly

like the bird without a tree to grow

like my mother

blind

still struggle to find home

home

H.O.M.E.

I bend my body    pieces of me     peace of body

OWN

owns nothing but the music

trying to find home in the music

the rhythm  

MORE

could it be more?

sitting on the couch       waiting

summer's eve

                       to come

could it be more?

EASY

slow & festive

smile & sassy

easy  breezy     wanna cover that girl

kinda of sexy

home

H.O.M.E.

the rhythmn

the light

on the corner

open the door

it's light














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home